Daughters are angles sent from above to fill our heart with unending love.
In my daughter's eyes I am a heroI am strong and wise and I know no
fearBut the truth is plain to seeShe was sent to rescue meI see who
I wanna beIn my daughter's eyes
Graphics

Monday, November 8, 2010

Flying with Triplets

We thought that being on an airplane with the girls it will be the worst thing ever, knowing that they were sick, having colds, and teething, we were thinking "poor people on the plane", "poor babies", "we are going to have such a long flight".
But having three little 6 months old girls wasn't that bad, I don't know if we were great, or if they are the best babies on the world! ☺
Something else that it helps a lot was the airline, and Continental was our best choice. They were amazing, I have to say they have the best flight attendants, they were sweet, helpful, and I feel like we were traveling with friends, it was good, so now we are really happy with continental.
I have to say that the worst thing was the packing, it took us 2 weeks to finally be ready to go, but we did it, we ended up with 9 suitcases, 2 carry on, and 2 personal items, besides our triple Decker stroller and car seats.
I really appreciated all the help, from family and friends, who help us pack and all the tips they gave us, I did everything they told me to and I would share it with you, here some tips I followed:

  • I fed the babies every time we land or take off
  • We took their favorite blankets
  • Favorite toys, such as teething toys, rattles
  • Lots of pacifiers.
  • Meds: orajel (for teething), Tylenol (for severe pain)
  • To feed them, we brought formula in powder, 4 bottles of water 500ml, and the flight attendans were able to gave us just a little bit of hot water for their bottles.

Like I said before the girls were amazingly good, it was so nice hearing people say things like: “were they crying? We didn’t even notice them” “wow, they are such a good babies”, that is another moment when you feel so proud to be a mom of multiples, when you have 3 well behaved girls!Our flight was a little long, the plane was leaving around 11 but we left to the airport around 7:30am we were so grateful, we have a wonderful friend who woke up early to take our 9 suitcases in her truck, without her we couldn’t have make it. We had a layover on Houston just for one hour, people there wasn’t as nice as people in Denver, at the airport but we just had a half an hour to get into our gate and prepared everything for the other flight. I will post some videos of our adventure as soon as I get them in YouTube. I miss you all we will see you soon!

You can tell the girls were enjoying this and I mean all six of them Kelly sleeping with her favorite toys Ashley and Eric having fun



Kelly playing!



I have to say Kelly was the best baby on the plane, she sleept alot!

No comments:

Post a Comment